Change folder path in Internet Download Manager aka IDM.
This guide will help you Change folder path in Internet Download Manager aka IDM.
But before we begin, why is it necessary to change this directory?
Easy, If you have used our service then you might have noticed that we allocate extra 1GB in C:/ directory (3GB on Encoding Plans). This extra 1GB is for Windows and other system files.
However, 1GB (or 3GB) is not sufficient for downloading files, as they are default download in C:/ partition. So to download the file, the only option we have is to change the default location of download, as well as the temp folder. And to do that, this guide will help you.
Before we proceed, few key points…
What is Internet Download Manager or IDM?
Internet Download Manager is a shareware download manager. It is only available for the Microsoft Windows operating system. Internet download manager is a tool to manage and schedule downloads. It can boost the speed of download up to 5 times. It is installed on all of our servers & RDPs and is treated as a basic software.
What is an RDP?
What is an RDP or Remote desktop protocol? It is a secure network communications protocol designed for remote management, as well as for remote access to virtual desktops, applications, and an RDP terminal server. This is developed by Microsoft and is used to connect to other computers. It is a proprietary protocol by Microsoft, which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection. The user employs RDP client software for this purpose, while the other computer must run RDP server software.
For More Details Visit here – What is an RDP?
Now without further ado.
Guide on how to Change folder path in Internet Download Manager aka IDM.
1. Install Internet Download Manager (Skip this step on our RDP, as it is preinstalled).
Download Link - https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html
2. Open Internet Download Manager.
3. Click on Downloads and then Options.
4. Now click on Save to Tab.
5. In the above screenshot, you will see Category, Default Download directory for that category and Temporary directory. These are the options you have to change. Let’s go option by option.
- Category – IDM has categories of files, like “General, Compressed, Video, etc.” You have to select each one to set the download location.
- Default Download Directory – This is the option you have to set the folder at. It is different for each and every category, and need to be set manually. Just Select a category and then click on Browse and Select the location you want to download the files at.
- Temporary Directory – This is universal for all the categories, This is for IDM usage, where your files are temporarily downloaded as IDM likes to download files in parts and then merge them together. Set it once and forget.
6. Example of it.
7. That’s all, You are all set, once you do it.
This is how you can Change folder path in Internet Download Manager aka IDM.
Do consider getting our Services.